Thanks for following along with the Month of Sundays Drop Cap Project! For our sixteenth letter:
Creating the Letter
- Adobe Illustrator (CS4+) and the Sunday Best Complete Family
- Intermediate knowledge of Illustrator
- Sunday Best Ornaments and Frames (this came with Sunday Best as an Illustrator file)
- Create a new document in Adobe Illustrator.
- Using the type tool, create your letter. Choose a color and make the font Sunday Best Plain No Frills.
- In the layer palette, duplicate the letter twice in place. (File > Copy; File > Paste in Front) You should now have three identical layers with the same letter.
- Each layer is as follows, from bottom to top: (Each type layer is a different color.)
- Sunday Best Plain Shadow Simple – Stylistic Set 1
- Sunday Best Plain No Frills
- Sunday Best Plain Embellished Inset – Stylistic Set 1
- Use the OpenType palette (Window > Type > OpenType) to enable Stylistic Sets/Alternates.
- Another way to do this is to use the Glyphs palette (Window > Type > Glyphs).
Thanks for following along! If you want, you can download the drop cap as a high-resolution PNG file. Sunday Best will be on sale on Etsy for a limited time! Enter coupon code SUNDAYBEST65 at checkout until August 1, 2014 to purchase Sunday Best for 65% off.
You can also check out Sunday Best on Creative Market, $25 until May 1, 2014.